Right now you can search for videos up to the current video and it should work pretty great. Better than youtube search!
See ALL videos (big page) for a list of all videos, or:
- (2021) Soft language and sensationalism
- (2021) what spears can teach us about creating change; see also, newer, (2022) spears and relief logistics
- (2022) a positive note for the weekend
- (2021) burn out from helping those in need
- (2023) learning about institutions from board games
- (2021) what I didn't talk about and a way to reach people
- (2023) feedback, critiques, and cattle ranchers
- (2023) maintaining hope
- (2022) civic engagement, roe, electoral politics
- (2018) the September 11th attacks and how we lost the war on terror
- (2023) a $100 oversimplification
- (2020) societal change and pronouns
- (2021) the importance of understanding basic philosophies
- (2018) buying a gun because of fear of political violence
- (2021) acceptance and reaching rural americans
- (2019) 14 characteristics, 10 stages, and where you are
- (2022) the us already learning from ukraine and what we should...
- (2020) why people believe certain theories
- (2022) bias and narratives
- (2023) the male scale
- (2020) aoc, performative posts, and social change
- (2022) good news on climate and why we got it
- (2022) community networking 101
- (2022) community networks and what you can do
- (2022) turnkey community networks
¶ To do (Sign in and you can contribute!):
(warning: wiki admins be able, in principle, to see your email when you sign up. We promise to not do anything bad (or anything at all) with your email; Unfortunately, the way wiki.js works makes it a lot of work to change the email requirement.)
- MAKE A LIST OF THE MOST TIMELESS BEAU VIDEOS AND LINK THEM FROM AN INDEX PAGE!
- Progress: lots of them linked above!
- add page with list of links to other cool stuff.
- add a guide for how to run the update script that pulls new videos.
¶ code and hosting edits:
- test python automatic video subtitler on windows
- transcribe a few more channels and add those listings as well.
- get the wiki registered with search engines at all (it will happen naturally eventually but it hasn't been mentioned much in public yet)
- push the modified wiki.js code to gitlab. (it's a pretty small change.)
- make wiki.js render [[wikilinks]] correctly, using the same rules as obsidian.
- try hosting the wiki on something like jamstack or obsidian publish with better navigation, and put the wiki.js instance behind an "edit" button. (wiki.js is kinda janky for purposes besides editing, compared to how good the best stuff is. good enough for now, though.)
- Done: automatically update!
- Done: translate video script to python!
- Done: make index pages for all videos!